Medical Marijuana Certification Process
In order to be considered for qualification, you must have one of the following qualifying conditions that may benefit from the use of medical marijuana: Cancer, Glaucoma, HIV/ AIDS, Hepatitis C, PTSD, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn's disease, Agitation of Alzheimer's disease, cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe and chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures, muscle spasms.
Step One: Prequalification & Medical Records Review
- You do not need a referral to see a physician at THE EVALUATION CENTER.
- Complete the online prequalification form.
- Once this has been submitted, it will be reviewed by one of our physicians in a timely manner. You will be contacted via email regarding the determination. (a confidential/secure email must be provided)
- Contact the office to obtain a Medical Records Release. You will need to complete one for each physician TREATING you for your condition. Prescriptions are considered a treatment, so please keep that in mind.
- If you have not had any treatment for your condition within the past 24 months and are a NEW patient to our office, please contact the office and you will be advised as to the appropriate steps to take.
- Mail to:
Southwest Medical Marijuana Evaluation Center
7272 E. Indian School Rd.
Scottsdale, Az 85251
- Fax to:
Step Two: Make Your Evaluation Appointment
- If you pre-qualify, make an appointment for your physician's evaluation online or call 480-656-2119.
- Download the Patient Information Packet.
You must bring the following with you to the appointment:
- Completed and signed Patient Information Packet Forms
- Arizona driver's license or state issued photo ID to establish proof of residency
- Medical records (if not previously mailed/faxed)
Step 3: Apply For Medical Marijuana Identification Card
Instructions available at the Arizona Department of Health Services website: www.azdhs.gov/medicalmarijuana/patients/adult.htm
Improving the quality of life for every patient.